THE ecoChic Design Award 2017 with BYT
You will join a team of fashion game-changers to assist in creating an up-cycled capsule collection for BYT, an exciting new fashion brand, which will retail on BYT’s future e-commerce platform and at Lane Crawford, Asia’s leading iconic luxury department store. Following your victory, you will work with BYT’s design team in the dynamic city of Hong Kong for three months, during which you will help to source fabric waste from Asia, work on the designs, travel within Asia to assist with production, present to buyers, support the marketing efforts and in addition learn all aspects of launching a brand, with mentorship from top experts in fashion, business and sustainability. You’ll also be filmed in action for an exciting documentary about the process.
Find out more about The EcoChic Design Award 2017 with BYT here.
You will also…
Receive a year long access to all areas of Bloomsbury Fashion Central including the Fairchild Books Library and associated online resources, The Berg Fashion Library and the Fashion Photography Archive.
THE EcoChic Design Award 2017 Mentorship with Orsola de Castro
You will receive a tailored mentorship with distinguished sustainable fashion designer and competition judge, Orsola de Castro. Widely regarded as one of the most influential figures in sustainable fashion, Orsola has nurtured many of the pioneering names in sustainable fashion from their early designs through to their established brands. This mentorship opportunity will give you expert and targeted support, which will be provided to you wherever you are in the world through video calls and by email over a six-month period. This will propel your career in sustainable fashion design forwards and prepare you, your visions and your collections for the competitive market of attracting fashion buyers and media – and ultimately securing success.
Find out more about the EcoChic Design Award 2017 mentorship with Orsola de Castro here.
You will also…
Receive ten books from the Fairchild Books Basics Fashion Design Series.
The EcoChic Design Award 2017 with Ellen Loo
Selected personally as winner by top Hong Kong indie singer-songwriter Ellen Loo, you will create a show-stopping sustainable outfit for her to wear at a public event. You’ll meet Ellen following the grand final to collaboratively concoct your creative vision of sustainable fashion and later, from your home base, you’ll design and make a signature outfit for her using textile waste-reducing methods. You’ll work closely with Ellen on this design journey to ensure that the resulting outfit mirrors her own style, and will capture the hearts and minds of consumers around the world with its star appeal.
Hong Kong Best Prize
THE ECOCHIC DESIGN AWARD 2017 HONG KONG BEST WITH EAR UP MUSIC PRIZE
Supporting talent in Hong Kong, Redress are partnering with Ear Up Music to match up rising stars from the fashion and entertainment world to redress consumers' attitudes towards sustainable fashion. As our stand out designer applying from Hong Kong, you will be creating a show-stopping outfit, made with waste-reducing methods, for a rising indie musician from Hong Kong, which will be flaunted on Ear Up Music's music tour - the perfect platform to reach an audience of thousands of fashion lovers to showcase your sustainable fashion design and attract supporters to your work.
Find out more about the EcoChic Design Award 2017 Hong Kong Best with Ear Up Music Prize here.
You will also...
- Have your design shot in Hong Kong by a renowned photographer and styled by an influential stylist
- Be invited to attend select educational activities during the EcoChic Design Award 2017 Grand Final week
- Have your design showcased under the international public’s spotlight in an exhibition after the Grand Final concludes
The EcoChic Design Award 2017 People's Choice
After impressing the global public with your designs in an online vote to outshine your 23 semi-finalist competitors, along with the accolade of People’s Choice you will be promoted across Redress’ social networks and receive a copy of Bloomsbury’s The Handbook of Design for Sustainability by Stuart Walker.
You will receive ten books from the Fairchild Books Basics Fashion Design Series.
All ten finalists get to…
- Present their sustainable collections at HKTDC Hong Kong's Fashion Week CENTRESTAGE
- Enjoy a week long, whirlwind educational all-expenses paid trip to Hong Kong
- Have their designs shot in Hong Kong by a renowned photographer and styled by influential stylist Denise Ho
- Have designs showcased under the international public’s spotlight in an exhibition after the Grand Final concludes
- Receive a two-hour mentorship with a sustainable fashion expert to help nurture their future career development
- Receive a subscription to Bloomsbury‘s online portal The Berg Fashion Library (from May to September 2017)
- Receive a copy of Bloomsbury’s Global Denim, by Daniel Miller and Sophie Woodward
- Receive a 12 month premium membership to the CO platform providing them with access to premium intelligence and learning that will help them launch their careers in sustainable fashion business.
- Receive their very own Seven Continents mannequin upholstered with surplus luxury textiles
- Star in Redress' new documentary series
All 24 semi-finalists get…
- A copy of Fairchild Books’ A Practical Guide to Sustainable Fashion by Alison Gwilt (2014)
- A copy of Bloomsbury's Sustainable Fashion: Past, Present and Future by Jennifer Farley Gordon and Colleen Hill (2014)
- A copy of Bloomsbury's Zero Waste Fashion Design by Timo Rissanen and Holly McQuillan (December 2015)
- Promotion across Redress’ and The EcoChic Design Award’s marketing channels
- Access to The EcoChic Design Award Alumni network which provides opportunities regularly
Each cycle of the EcoChic Design Award we continue to support our alumni, our previous semi-final and final competitors, with prizes through partnerships with like-minded organisations to enhance their careers in sustainable fashion.
THE ECOCHIC DESIGN AWARD 2017 ALUMNI PRIZE WITH KAPOK
This alumni prize winner will receive a customised business development mentorship by the owner of successful independent Hong Kong retailer, Arnault Castel of kapok, and the chance to have his or her collection stocked in store.
THE ECOCHIC DESIGN AWARD 2017 ALUMNI PRIZE WITH CO (COMMON OBJECTIVE)
This alumni prize winner will receive a 12 month business membership to the CO platform which supports the fashion industry to do business better. Through CO, the winner will have the benefit of a premium business profile, enabling them to showcase their work and make industry connections that will help them to grow their business, as well as access premium intelligence and learning.