THE ecoChic Design Award 2017 with BYT
You will join a team of fashion game-changers to assist in creating an up-cycled capsule collection for BYT, an exciting new fashion brand, which will retail on BYT’s future e-commerce platform and at Lane Crawford, Asia’s leading iconic luxury department store. Following your victory, you will work with BYT’s design team in the dynamic city of Hong Kong for three months, during which you will help to source fabric waste from Asia, work on the designs, travel within Asia to assist with production, present to buyers, support the marketing efforts and in addition learn all aspects of launching a brand, with mentorship from top experts in fashion, business and sustainability. You’ll also be filmed in action for an exciting documentary about the process.
Learn more about BYT here:
You will also…
Receive a year long access to all areas of Bloomsbury Fashion Central including the Fairchild Books Library and associated online resources, The Berg Fashion Library and the Fashion Photography Archive.
THE EcoChic Design Award 2017 Mentorship with Orsola de Castro
You will receive a tailored mentorship with distinguished sustainable fashion designer and competition judge, Orsola de Castro. Widely regarded as one of the most influential figures in sustainable fashion, Orsola has nurtured many of the pioneering names in sustainable fashion from their early designs through to their established brands. This mentorship opportunity will give you expert and targeted support, which will be provided to you wherever you are in the world through video calls and by email over a six-month period. This will propel your career in sustainable fashion design forwards and prepare you, your visions and your collections for the competitive market of attracting fashion buyers and media – and ultimately securing success.
You will also…
Receive ten books from the Fairchild Books Basics Fashion Design Series.
You will receive ten books from the Fairchild Books Basics Fashion Design Series.
All ten finalists get to…
- Present their sustainable collections at HKTDC Hong Kong's Fashion Week CENTRESTAGE
- Enjoy a week long, whirlwind educational all-expenses paid trip to Hong Kong
- Have their designs shot in Hong Kong by a renowned photographer and styled by influential stylist Denise Ho
- Have designs showcased under the international public’s spotlight in an exhibition after the Grand Final concludes
- Receive a two-hour mentorship with a sustainable fashion expert to help nurture their future career development
- Receive a subscription to Bloomsbury‘s online portal The Berg Fashion Library (from May to September 2017)
- Receive a copy of Bloomsbury’s Global Denim, by Daniel Miller and Sophie Woodward
- Receive a 12 month access membership to the SOURCE platform, providing them with premium access to intelligence that will help them launch their careers in sustainable fashion business
- Star in Redress' new documentary series
All 24 semi-finalists get…
- A copy of Fairchild Books’ A Practical Guide to Sustainable Fashion by Alison Gwilt (2014)
- A copy of Bloomsbury's Sustainable Fashion: Past, Present and Future by Jennifer Farley Gordon and Colleen Hill (2014)
- A copy of Bloomsbury's Zero Waste Fashion Design by Timo Risannen and Holly McQuillan (December 2015)
- Promotion across Redress’ and The EcoChic Design Award’s marketing channels
- Access to The EcoChic Design Award Alumni network which provides opportunities regularly